This is a step by step user guide on all the functionalities in the zuri chat app.
Creating an account can be done in two ways
The password has to be inputed twice.
Click on the terms and conditions, if everything is okay, tick the checkbox.
A six digit
OTPwill be sent to your email address, copy and paste the code.
You will be redirected to the Sign in screen
A registered email and password is used to access the account For forgotten password: To recover forgotten password the user is required to ;
Input the registered email
A 6 digit
OTPis sent to the registered email.
Recieve and enter
Enter and confirm new password
Navigate to sign in screen
Enter your email and new password
You will directed to the organization screen
It displays the list of organizations a user belong to and also the option to
Add An Organization
This enable the user to ;
- Create a new organization / Create a workplace
- Click on your verified email.
- Add the name of your organization.
- Add the project name your team is working on.
- Add the email address of team members
orinvite from contacts
orcopy and share your invite link. another email address can be used.
- Sign in to another organization or workspace.
- Click on your verified email
- Enter organization
url.another email address can be used.
- Join another organization / workspace
Click on your verified email.
url.another email address can be used.
- Select language
- click on language
- select the language of your choice
- click on okay
the timezone is generated automatically by default
use the toggle button to set it manually
- theme is set to dark mode by default
- on click, a pop up with options will be displayed
- after selecting mode of choice
- click on set
Emoji Deluxe on tap, choose your default skin tone
Show image previews use the toggle button to set your preference, it's on by default
Open web pages in app use the toggle button to set your preference, it's on by default
Display typing indictors use the toggle button to set your preference, it's on by default
Allow animated image and emoji use the toggle button to set your preference, it's on by default
Optimize image uploads use the toggle button to set your preference, it's on by default
Force Stop Unsaved data may be lost.
On tap, a
compose feedbackpopup is displayed
typed in your feedback and click
Privacy & Licences
- Jump to: It enables user to search
To add a channel, click on the add channel button.
The user is directed to new channel screen.
Add channel name (it must be lowercase and without space).
Add channel description.
use the toggle button if you want the channel to be private.
Then click on the create button.
This creates the new channel and adds it to the home screen.
Send and recieve messages
The profile picture and username of the user is displayed. Click on the picture and name will take the user to the
edit profile screen. Users can set status, pause notifications, set yourself as away, saved item, view profile, notifications and preferences.
Users can ;
- Edit their full name
- Display name (this is the name that will show up in zuri chat)
- What i do (your job or course track)
What's your status? takes the user to a screen ;
- Emojis can be used
- custom status are provided
- after adding a status set it to a timed duration (i.e don't clear, clear after today)
- click on save
- On click the user is directed to
Do not disturbpage
- Set the desired duration and save
Tap on it to change
- On click, the user is directed to another page.
- All files and messages saved will be displayed.
- On click, the user is directed to a new screen
- The profile picture and username of user is displayed
- Message (send a message to yourself, create a to-do-list)
- Edit Profile
- What I do i.e profession, course track
- Status (what you are up to currently). You can edit it
- Mobile Number
- Email Address
set the sound, general settings